Saturday, March 1, 2014

A day of rest

After Thursday's crying incident after boot camp, I decided that I had to jump right back in or I might quit. So I went to the Friday afternoon class, which meant three days in a row of boot camp. Friday went much better mentally ... but physically I had to take more breaks. I figure doing something is better than doing nothing, but now I need a break.

I had hoped to go to class this morning, but my aching arches and a strained quad muscle have made me decide that I need a day of rest. I'm proud of myself for going three days in a row and I want to stick with it for the long haul. Overdoing it and really injuring myself would only deter me. So I'm going to take it easy today.

Boot camp is closed on Sundays, but I'm already planning to at least take a walk or do something physical so I won't have taken two days off. Then it's back to class Monday afternoon. I've worked hard during the first three days of the six-week challenge. I think I'll reward myself with a little shopping this morning and then wine this afternoon.

BTW, It's been two months since I made a goal of fitting into a skirt I bought more than a year ago. There's been no progress. I can still barely get it zipped. I have two months to reach my goal. Sure hope boot camp helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment