Thursday, March 20, 2014

Just checking in

Sorry I haven't blogged a lot lately. Between work, dating, a weekly Spanish class and boot camp, I've been busy. Even my DVRs (yes, I have one in the living room and one in the bedroom) have been feeling neglected lately. Both are near capacity.

Today marked three weeks since I started the six-week boot camp challenge. The weigh-in part didn't go well -- I gained a half pound. But the measurements part went much better. I've lost a half inch around my chest, a half inch around my waist, a inch around hips and a half inch around my thigh. For those who don't like math, that's 2.5 inches total, which I feel good about.

When I started the boot camp challenge, my goal was to build muscle and to tone up the flabby areas (at least a little bit). The number on the scale isn't nearly as important to me as it used to be. Four years into this journey, I've realized that how I feel is most important. And boot camp is definitely helping in that area.

Despite the aches and pains right after, I'm feeling healthier and stronger and I have more energy. So, for now, I'm going to try not to let the number on the scale bother me. This is the most strenuous exercise I've done in my life. I'm proud of myself for trying and that's enough for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment