Sunday, February 17, 2013

Weekly weigh-in: The downward spiral continues

Last week's weight: 177.6
This week's weight: 181.6
Difference: +4
Total weight lost since Jan. 1, 2013: Sadly, I've gained 0.2 pounds.

Every time I think I'm finally going to return to my healthy eating habits, something happens and I make the wrong choices. It's gotten so bad that I'm pretty much not even paying attention to what I'm eating. And all I want to do is eat.

My lack of progress has become quite depressing and I find myself slipping into bad habits in a lot of ways. I start every day vowing to do better. Then I stuff myself with candy or pretzels. The junk food is the real problem because my main meals are generally healthy and good for me. If I could just stop snacking between meals, I'd be losing weight again.

What's most confusing is that I don't understand why it seemed so easy before and now it seems so hard. I simply don't feel motivated to plan everything I eat or to exercise as much as I used to. It's frustrating and concerning.

And that's really all I have to say about that.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel more than you know. But I see something in you that wasn't in me when I was gaining weight: You are still writing about it. By doing that, you're holding yourself responsible, you're not hiding, you're actually taking charge of your life, whether it feels like that or not. I am immensely proud of you simply FOR writing. It's so easy to slip away and gain privately and not let anyone know. Because of this, I am not worried -- I know you will figure it out. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete