Sunday, February 10, 2013

Weekly weigh-in: Sick of being sick

Last week's weight: 180.6
This week's weight: 177.6
Difference: -3
Total weight lost since Jan. 1, 2013: 3.8 pounds

You may have noticed that I didn't blog last week. I was sick that Friday and pretty upset about gaining so much that week. But the weight listed above is what I weighed last week. When I weighed in this week, all I could think about was the scene in "The Devil Wears Prada" where Emily says she's just one stomach flu away from her goal weight. I didn't have the flu this week, but I have been sick with a cold for 10 days now. I guess that stopped me from overeating, which meant I actually lost weight. Plus, I'm still about 25 pounds from my goal weight so I think it would take more than one stomach flu.

And I really hate being sick. I even took a sick day this week and by the end of the day, I was bored out of my mind. I love watching TV, but there's only so many hours of it I can take in one sitting. Usually, I'm doing something else while the TV is on. While I was sick, I just sat there and felt blah all day. I feel like I've turned the corner and am getting well. But it seems to be taking forever. I am at least feeling up to going for a walk today and I'm doing a lot of cooking. I hope that will keep me on track for the rest of this week.




No comments:

Post a Comment