Friday, May 10, 2013

Weekly weigh-in: Focusing on the positive

Last week's weight: 184.4
This week's weight: 181.2
Difference: -3.2
Total weight lost since January 2010: 90.6 pounds

Naturally, I was thrilled that the scale decided to cooperate this week. As you know, it's been a tough few months. I'm still not happy that I've gained 10 pounds from where I was about six months ago, but at least I'm starting to feel like I might be able to get back there.

What I'm most proud of this week is that I didn't let emotional stress (there was good and bad) cause me to overeat. In fact, I did just the opposite. I managed my food well and I exercised almost daily. I had a few slips, but nothing outrageous. That's how it should be.

For example, when I got some not-so-good news at work this week, I wanted to reach into the candy dish on my boss' desk and grab a handful of snack size candy bars. I had a couple during the week, but I'm happy with myself because I didn't eat them when I was feeling stressed. When I ate them, I specifically chose to eat them and I accounted for them in my daily food tracking.

That said, I'm still surprised by the weight loss because I did have two dinners out this week. I didn't go overboard, but I did eat/drink more than normal. I'm guessing that last week's number was artificially high because of my recent travel and that this week everything is balancing out.

My goal right now is to focus on what's working right. Every time I feel stressed and I want to eat an entire pizza but I don't is a good day. Every day that I exercise is a good day. Finally, every day that I appreciate how far I've come is a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment