Thursday, September 1, 2016

Weigh-in: Month 1

One month into my renewed efforts to eat better (and lose weight) and I'm feeling encouraged. I lost 4.8 pounds, which is just 0.2 pounds shy of my goal of 5 pounds per month. I still have a long way to go to get back to where I want to be, but at least I feel like I'm making progress. 

The next few months are going to be extremely difficult, though. For those who don't know, my boyfriend and I have put our house on the market and we're preparing to build a new house. We'll likely have to find a place to live once our current house sells and while our new house is under construction. It's all so complicated.

I've already had several meltdowns this week as we've completed paperwork. Having built a house once before, I knew it would be stressful. But I don't know how I'll make it through the next four to six months.

At the same time we're trying to nail down details to get everything moving forward, we're going out of town for a couple of days. We planned the trip before we'd made decided to pull the plug on a new house. It's an expense I wish we didn't have right now, but I'm hoping I can put my anxiety aside and simply enjoy a few days away from it all.

And, of course, I'll end up splurging too much. So I'm giving myself a pass for two days. After that, I'll have to buckle down and be diligent about tracking if I'm going to continue my progress into September.

No comments:

Post a Comment