Friday, April 6, 2012

Weekly weigh-in: I am not the biggest loser

Last week's weight: 173.4
This week's weight: 174.4
Difference: +1
Total weight lost since January 2010: 97.4

Today was the final weigh-in for our office weight loss challenge. I don't have the final results for everyone else, but I'm certain I didn't win. When we started in January at 183 pounds, I had hoped to lose 10 pounds during the challenge. So I'm a little disappointed that I didn't reach my goal. That seems to be a theme lately.

I'm not at all surprised I gained this week. I had a lot of slips ... mostly when it comes to desserts. Side note: After weighing in this morning, I promptly grabbed a sugar cookie. And I think I'm having pizza for dinner tonight. I did exercise a lot, though, so I'm pretty happy about that.

As I've said before, I'm glad I'm still making progress. And I know I'm giving myself permission to eat more foods I didn't used to eat. So I have to expect that my progress won't be as swift as it once was. The important thing is that when I eat too much or the wrong foods, it's a conscious choice and I do it knowing the consequences. It's also important that when I give myself a little leeway, I'm able to go back to my good habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment