Friday, April 20, 2012

Weekly weigh-in: Not giving up

Last week's weight: 174
This week's weight: 173.8
Difference: -o.2
Total weight lost since January 2010: 98

First, I must apologize for not posting a weekly weigh-in last Friday. I didn't have time early in the day and then I had family in town for the weekend. Anyway, I had a slight loss last week and an even slighter one this week. But I lost!

For some reason, the past few weeks have been tough. I was seeing fairly consistent results, then I let myself slip a little here and there. Then, the splurges became more regular and I stopped tracking my Weight Watchers points. That's never a good sign.

I started tracking again today, which usually keeps me more accountable. For instance, on a whim, I stopped at the frozen yogurt shop on the way home. It's six points for one cup. I estimated that I had that much --- a small dollop of three different kinds. I hope it wasn't more than a cup. I did exert a bit of extra energy this afternoon while getting ready for a community service project tomorrow, so I'm hoping that will make up for any extra that fond its way into my cup. The point is that I logged it immediately and then started planning dinner and my snack before bed. I might go over by a couple of points, but that's ok as long as I don't use all of my weekly points.

And the really good news is that I've been keeping up with my exercise. I know it's important and I feel better when I do it. So while I might have been struggling some lately, I'm maintaining my overall weight loss, which does make me feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment