Saturday, June 9, 2012

Weekly weigh-in: Back to basics

Last week's weight: 171
This week's weight: 175.8
Difference: +4.8
Total weight lost since January 2010: 96

As I expected, letting myself eat and drink pretty much whatever I wanted while on vacation in Asheville showed up on the scale. I gave myself 5 pounds grace and apparently I needed it. And don't forget I gained a pound the week before. That means I'm up almost 6 pounds in two weeks. Yikes.

I am slightly panicked, but I'm encouraged that between Walmart and Harris Teeter I spent $100 today and bought nothing but foods that are good for me. I have three different recipes I'm trying tomorrow -- mini egg white frittatas, lowfat moussaka and stir-fry chicken and veggies. That should keep me busy tomorrow and it should ensure that I stay on track this week.

Planning ahead is going to be extremely important this week because I'm working nights. I'm a little worried that the vending machine (or even fast food) will get the better of me. I'm going to try to resist. The good part about working nights is that I am much more likely to exercise before work.

So I'm going to try not to let a couple of bad weeks (especially since vacation was so worth it) bother me. I just need to do the right thing for the next few weeks and I'll be back where I was in no time ... by July 4, I hope, since I'll be taking another vacation then.

No comments:

Post a Comment