Friday, June 15, 2012

Weekly weigh-in: The right direction

Last week's weight: 175.8
This week's weight: 173.4
Difference: -2.4
Total weight lost since January 2010: 98.4

After two weeks of gaining, I was thrilled with this morning's weigh-in. I'm not back to where I was, but at least I'm headed in the right direction.

One of my biggest fears is that I won't be able to maintain my weight loss ... for the rest of my life. I'm trying to be reasonable about gaining a few pounds here and there, especially when I'm on vacation or celebrating special occasions. But I'm really happy to see that I can lose those pounds.

This week has been particularly difficult. For some reason, I've wanted to snack a lot. I've tried to stick to healthy snacks, though, so I think that helped with the weight loss. I also exercised a lot this week, and that always makes a difference.

My goal right now is to lose at least two more pounds before the Fourth of July, which is when I'll be on vacation again. I won't feel as guilty about splurging if I go into it having lost 100 pounds. I'm also getting my head wrapped around the fact that I'm a size 12 and as long as that doesn't change, I shouldn't worry too much about a few pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment