Saturday, September 15, 2012

Weekly weigh-in: I'm so confused

Last week's weight: 171.2
This week's weight: 170.8
Difference: -0.4
Total weight lost since January 2010: 101

I was fully prepared to have gained weight this week, so imagine how confused I was when I got on the scale and I'd lost a little. I didn't track my food or exercise any day in the past week. And, based on what I ate and drank, I knew it wouldn't be a good week. Plus, the scale had been showing a gain every day.

Yes, I weigh myself every day. The only time I don't is when I'm not at home in the morning. This is a habit that started when my weight-loss journey first began nearly three years ago. I know lots of people recommend weighing in only once a week, but it seems to be working for me. In fact, I used to take the scale on vacation during the first year. I've since learned to give myself a little more leeway during those times.

Anyway, I even thought that a tremendous amount of stress this week and a lot of insomnia might affect the number on the scale. I'm glad I lost weight this week. But it doesn't make sense to me.And I don't like the eating habits I've developed lately. They've involved far too much junk food and mindless snacking. I've never worried about splurging when it was a conscious choice and for a specific reason (a celebration, vacation, etc.).

So my goal for this week is simple because I know that truly regaining control over my eating will be a slow process. All I want to do is think about everything I eat and drink and decide before I consume it whether it's something I really want and whether I'll feel good after eating/drinking it.

No comments:

Post a Comment