Monday, September 3, 2012

My kitchen makeover: before and after photos

As the three-day Labor Day weekend approached, I knew I needed something to keep my busy. I figured if I ended up sitting around the house all weekend, I'd also end up snacking way too much. So I decided it was time to revamp my kitchen. It took me 2 1/2 days (about 17 hours total work), but I cleaned every inch of the kitchen and dining area. I'm ashamed to admit that some spots (such as the top of the cabinets) hadn't been cleaned since I moved in 9 years ago. Yuck! I filled three boxes with dishes, pans and other junk I never use and I also filled three garbage bags with outdated food, chipped dishes and stuff too caked with dust to bother trying to clean. The project included taking every item out of every cabinet (and the fridge) so I could wash the cabinets and scrubbing the floor by hand. Every muscle in my body aches, but I'm so proud of my effort. Everything is organized and sparkling clean. Here are before and after photos.











No comments:

Post a Comment