Friday, October 12, 2012

Weekly weigh-in: Frustrated, but thankful

Last week's weight: 172.6
This week's weight: 172.8
Difference: +0.2
Total weight lost since January 2010: 99

I've been very frustrated with my lack of progress lately. In fact, this whole year so far hasn't produced the results I'd hoped for. I've lost less than 10 pounds since Jan. 1 when I'd hoped to lose about 30 pounds this year and reach my goal of 150 pounds. There's no chance of that happening at this point. (BTW, I'm sorry I didn't blog last week. I was out of town. But I did weigh-in, so that's the number I used.)

Despite feeling like I've been stuck in the same place all year, I keep reminding myself to look at the big picture. While I feel bad about hovering around the 100-pounds-lost mark, I'm thankful that I'm able to maintain my weight loss.

One of my biggest fears since I started this journey has been that I'd gain it all back. It happens to a lot of people. I truly believe, however, that I could maintain my current weight for the rest of my life. It wouldn't be easy because I already struggle every day with making the right food choices. But I see that eating healthy is a habit for me now. Eating bad foods is not the norm. Sure, I still indulge from time to time. But it is a splurge and my mind sees it that way. I'm very happy that I haven't had any binge-eating moments in about two weeks because that tells me I'm not using food as a coping mechanism.

My hope is that by having these long stretches where I don't lose weight, my body is adjusting to the new way of eating and it's giving me a greater chance at long-term success. There really is nothing wrong with maintaining my current weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment