Saturday, September 10, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: Why bother?

Last week's weight: 184.8
This week's weight: 189
Difference: +4.2
Total weight lost since January 2010: 82.8

As predicted earlier in the week, the weigh-in didn't go well. I seriously almost skipped it. When I think about it rationally, though, I should be happy that in the past three weeks I haven't gained more than 4 pounds. Based on everything I've eaten and drank, I wouldn't have been surprised to see an even higher number on the scale.

This week was really a struggle. After giving myself a break last weekend because I had family in town, I had vowed to put an end to my bad habits. It was much harder than I expected and I didn't do great this week. After Friday morning's weigh-in, I convinced myself to try again and to not give up.

Friday went well. I felt hungry some during the day, but I was right on track with my Weight Watchers points ... until I went out for dinner. If it wasn't for the couple of beers and appetizer, it wouldn't have been so bad because I had a salad with chicken for my dinner. The bright side is that I could have made much worse choices because the menu was full of yummy comfort foods and I wanted to eat them all.

So I'm not exactly back where I need to be, but I'm also not feeling out of control anymore either. That's enough progress for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment