Sunday, February 5, 2012

A pound of pizza

I've been craving pizza for weeks now. One of my favorites is the five cheese take and bake kind from Harris Teeter. I finally cracked yesterday. Even though I'd already been to the grocery store and planned my menus for the weekend, I headed back yesterday afternoon just to get the pizza. Unfortunately, I got a slice of carrot cake, too.

I intended to eat a couple of slices of pizza and the piece of cake. That would not have been the end of the world. Over the course of the afternoon and evening, though, I ate nearly the whole pizza. Good thing I bought only one piece of cake because I probably would have eaten more than that. Just as I feel like I'm making real mental progress, I day like yesterday comes along. How could I even eat that much food in one afternoon anyway? The disappointing part is that somehow I felt better after eating the pizza. It's so frustrating to think that after two years of hard work, I'm still giving in to emotional eating.

There is some good news. Before I went to bed, I threw away the uneaten pizza. And this morning I entered everything I ate into the Weight Watchers online tracking system. I basically used all of my weekly points in one day, which is not good. That means it's going to be a tough week. The only way I can go over my daily points now is if I exercise. And even then, I may gain weight this week. The scale this morning was already up a little more than a pound since Friday. All I can do now is try to stay on track and not let this one setback become the beginning of a pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment