Saturday, February 11, 2012

Recipe: Steak and potato hash

I cooked steak for dinner one night this week and had one leftover. I didn't want it to go to waste, so I concocted this recipe for lunch today. It'd be good for breakfast or brunch as well. I served my hash with fresh strawberries, but any sort of fruit would make a nice side.


Ingredients
1 thin-cut ribeye (6-8 oz. already broiled or grilled and chopped into small pieces)
1/2 onion, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1 can diced potatoes, drained and rinsed
10 steamed brussels sprouts, cut into quarters (these were also leftover)
1 cup Egg Beaters liquid egg whites (You can leave these out if you want. I like the extra protein.)
2 tbsp. shredded parmesan cheese
Cooking spray
Steak seasoning (I used montreal seasoning when I originally cooked the steak, but I added Trader Joe's 21 seasonings to the hash. Any sort of savory steak seasoning would be fine. Use whatever you like.)

Spray nonstick pan with cooking spray. Saute onion and red pepper until tender. Add potatoes and steak. Add steak seasoning. Cook about 2-3 minutes. Add brussels sprouts and heat through. Pour in egg whites and scramble until whites are cooked. Top with cheese. Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment