Friday, May 18, 2012

Weekly weigh-in: A big moment

Last week's weight: 175.2
This week's weight: 171
Difference: -4.2
Total weight lost since January 2010: 100.8

I officially hit the 100 pounds lost mark today. It's a major milestone and I expected to be jumping for joy or to feel some sense of relief. Instead, I've already started worrying about whether I can maintain it. What if I gain a pound next week? Plus, I still have 20 pounds to lose to reach my goal weight.

I had a huge loss this week. But it comes on the heels of a big gain last week. I apologize for not posting a weekly weigh-in last week, but I knew the number wasn't going to be good since I'd been celebrating my birthday the weekend before, which meant allowing myself all sorts of indulgences.

I tried really hard this week, though, to count everything I ate and I exercised more than I have in weeks. Obviously, it paid off. I think I'm not as excited about reaching 100 pounds lost as I thought I'd be mostly because it's been a stressful week at work.

I'm going to try to shake off all the negative energy surrounding me and think of some way to reward myself tomorrow. I already buy plenty of clothes and I don't want my reward to involve food/drink. Maybe I'll splurge on new makeup or pretty flowers for my yard. It doesn't really matter what I pick. The important thing is that I find a way to celebrate my accomplishment because I deserve it.

2 comments:

  1. That is an amazing milestone. Simply amazing. My go-to reward for these things is a good pedicure.

    Exercise is a good thing! It keeps the momentum up and makes you feel good, physically and mentally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, that is such wonderful news. You are so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete