Friday, May 4, 2012

Weekly weigh-in: Getting closer

Last week's weight: 174.8
This week's weight: 172.6
Difference: -2.2
Total weight lost since January 2010: 99.2

When I woke up this morning, I was a little scared to weigh in. Mostly because it's my birthday and a bad result would have ruined my entire day. But also because the past few weeks haven't been great. I tried harder this week to pay attention to what I was eating and I exercised more. I guess it paid off. The number on the scale was much better than I expected. It was just the present I needed to make me enjoy my birthday.

That said, I've already overindulged a bit. But I simply couldn't resist the carrot cake. It's my favorite and it's my birthday. If I can't eat cake on my birthday, then there's no point to living. OK, that's probably a little harsh. But I've said all along that this journey is one I'll be on for the rest of my life. Knowing that it's OK to eat cake on my birthday is one reason why I think I'll be successful in the long run.

What if I gain a pound or even two this week because I'm celebrating? That's OK as long as I revert back to my good habits after this weekend. I know this is the key to maintaining my weight loss. And, as of this morning's weigh-in, I'm closer than I've been so far to reaching to 100 pounds lost ... which will be a major milestone. I know I will reach it eventually and that's all that matters right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment