Friday, August 31, 2012

Weekly weigh-in: Proud of myself

Last week's weight: 172.2
This week's weight: 171
Difference: -1.2
Total weight lost since January 2010: 100.8

If you recall, I was pretty upset with myself after last week's weigh-in. Luckily, I put my chin up and didn't let it hold me back. I made much smarter choices this week and the scale rewarded me.

My eating habits weren't perfect and I didn't exercise enough. For example, Tuesday night ended with me leaving the grocery store with a rotisserie chicken, a Lean Cuisine single-serve pizza and a bag of No Yolks egg noodles. I ended up eating some of the chicken and some of the pasta (normal portions of both). Considering I stopped at the store thinking about the giant five cheese take and bake pizza, I think I did well.

And I didn't let a minor slip here and there lead to half a bag of Cheez Doodles again. And trust me, this could have been another one of those weeks. It's been filled with disappointment, frustration and discouragement.

Each time I felt tempted to dive into a vat of mac and cheese, I told myself that I deserved better and that I wanted better. What I realized (once again) is that I have a choice. I can eat whatever I want. There's nothing stopping me ... except my desire to be healthy and happy. I'm really glad that desire wins out most of the time.

Buoyed by this morning's weigh-in and the boost it gave me to keep pushing forward, I'm particularly proud of how I handled a bit of bad news this afternoon. I wanted to scream, argue, cry ... you get the picture. But I didn't. I stayed calm. Then I went for a three-mile walk, which turned out to be quite uplifting and rejuvenating. Then I ate a healthy dinner and I'll probably head to bed early. If only I could handle stress this well all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment