Saturday, November 3, 2012

Recipe: No pasta baked spaghetti

I love spaghetti, but even with whole-wheat pasta it packs a lot of carbs. So I've started using spaghetti squash. It's better for me and I barely miss the pasta. Plus, I get a giant bowl of squash and sauce for the same amount of Weight Watchers points as just a half cup of pasta and sauce. You really should try it.


Ingredients
2 small spaghetti squash (or one large)
1 lb. ground beef (93% lean)
1 jar spaghetti sauce (I used Bertolli Arrabbiata.)
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese

Place squash on cookie and bake at 400 degrees for about an hour (or until the outside is tender). Remove from oven and let cool. Cut squash open and remove seeds with a spoon. Use a fork to shred the remaining squash and place in a casserole dish. (It will look like strands of pasta.) Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a nonstick pan. Add sauce and heat through. Pour beef mixture over squash in casserole dish. Top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Makes four servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment