Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Gaining perspective

I've found myself talking a lot lately about making choices. In the past two years, I've come to realize that I am responsible for the decisions I make, how I approach life and how I feel each day.

It's not fool proof, but I try to remember that I have a choice about pretty much everything. Sometimes, it doesn't feel like it. And that's when the negativity tends to creep out. For almost six weeks now, though, I've shifted my thinking and I'm truly happier.

I still have a lot of stress to deal with, but it's much easier to handle when I don't let anxiety get the better of me. And every day I feel like I'm being pushed past my limits and that my patience isn't going to hold up. But then it does and the day comes to an end and I feel good.

I have a choice. I can let the negative moments weigh me down or I can rise above it and keep my eye on the target. I find that when I keep calm and I keep things in perspective, the days are much easier.

So my challenge to you all is to start tomorrow with a positive attitude and to get through the entire day without letting your frustration, stress, anger, whatever drive you into a bad place. The moment you feel it happening, remember: You have a choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment