Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A slippery slope

I'm pretty sure I've blogged on this topic before, but I'm trying to convince myself to be strong. It's not really working. It started a couple of weeks ago with a few peppermint patties. Then, I had a few dark chocolate Hershey's kisses and a few mini Reese's peanut butter cups. A few turned into a few every day for several days.

The good news is that the candy is all gone. No, I didn't eat the entire bags. I had bought the candy because I'm making small gift bags for my team at work. I need 18 bags, so I bought a lot of candy. By this past weekend, I'd eaten a piece or two here and there so many times, that I had to buy more candy. I did make the bags on Sunday, but I somehow convinced myself that some of the candy was leftover. I didn't want to give one person more than another. Of course, that was just an excuse to save some for myself.

And now the bad news is that I seem to be craving sugar and chocolate all the time. It doesn't help that Tuesday was a pretty big splurge day because two meals were prepared for me. I had a choice at lunch and could have skipped the giant cookie and half a brownie. But I didn't. Then, today I splurged at lunch with a chicken club on Texas toast with two kinds of cheese and a side of potato fries.

The scale is starting to notice. A quick check when I got home tonight showed a slight uptick from last week. With a holiday luncheon at work tomorrow, I'm starting to panic that I'm slipping too much lately. That's what happened before. A small indulgence here and there and the next thing I knew I was buying baked mac and cheese at Fresh Market and devouring four-cheese pizza from Harris Teeter.

I'm trying so hard to keep my eating under control. I'm even taking steamed vegetables to the luncheon in hopes that I can resist most of the bad foods. I know I won't, though. Do I continue to try to fight the temptation or make a plan to eat just a dab of this and a spoonful of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment