Friday, December 9, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: Cautious optimism

Last week's weight: 182.2
This week's weight: 180.6
Difference: -1.6
Total weight lost since January 2010: 91.2

I finally crossed the 90-pounds-lost mark this week. Naturally, I'm excited and feel great about my progress. But, based on my history of ups and downs this year, I'm not ready to celebrate just yet. I've had a good run the past six weeks or so, which makes me feel like I'm headed in the right direction. But the next three weeks could be disastrous. I have several holiday events to attend and a few other special functions that involve food, so I know I'm going to have to be extremely diligent to maintain my current weight loss. Still, after a year where I have failed to achieve my weight loss goal, I'm happy to be where I am and to be losing again. And I've noticed a big improvement in my attitude lately and I generally feel better than I did a few months ago. For now, that's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment