Sunday, December 11, 2011

Holiday meal planning

Between yesterday and today, I've spent about five hours searching through cookbooks and online sites for healthy recipes to get me through a four-day holiday weekend at home in Virginia. Luckily, my mom's willing to go along with my need to at least make some low-fat foods.

I'm sure I'll do plenty of splurging, but it's important for me to eat well when I can. So my mom and I agreed on a long list of low-fat recipes. (Just remember this is over a four-day period) They include:
  • Shepherd's pie
  • Baked chicken nuggets
  • Baked zucchini sticks
  • Cheesy stuffed mushrooms
  • Pumpkin fritters
  • Pumpkin swirl cheesecake yogurt cupcakes
  • Cranberry almond chocolate bark
  • Sweet potato-cranberry casserole
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Wilted spinach
  • Veggie tray with hummus
  • Lowfat breakfast casserole
  • Fruit
  • Roasted turkey breast

The not-so-healthy stuff includes homemade dressing, gravy, mashed potatoes and alcohol. If I can keep these to a minimum and not overdo it on the healthy items either, I might manage to make it through Christmas without gaining. Well, and if I do, maybe it'll just be a couple of pounds. I can live with a slight gain, but anything more than two pounds will feel like a setback.

No comments:

Post a Comment