Thursday, January 5, 2012

Before and after photos: I look good, but ...

Since it's the two-year anniversary of the start of my weight-loss journey, I decided it was finally time for an updated photo. I started this process by getting a new headshot for every 25 pounds I lost. It went quickly in the beginning, but I haven't had new photos in a year. That's because I haven't lost another 25 pounds. Still, the difference is noticeable and I think it's important to show everyone my progress. Plus, my friend and colleague (a professional photographer at the StarNews) Paul Stephen took great photos last January and he kept bugging me to get new ones. In all seriousness, I can't believe how nice Paul was to take the photos, especially since it meant dealing with me giggling, fidgeting and rolling my eyes. I definitely owe him one for making me feel like I deserve to have my picture taken. I also owe my friend Julian March for letting me drag him away from work for a few minutes so he could put me more at ease during the photo shoot and, well, just make me laugh. So here's what I look like now compared to two years ago. Of course, I think I look good, but I also see all of the areas I still need to work on.You can also see more shots from today's photo shoot on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.3000909107018.2156059.1391017485&type=1&l=5e0a0a335d


91 pounds lost

76 pounds lost

50 pounds lost

25 pounds lost

0 pounds lost

5 comments:

  1. Sherry! Fantastic work!! I am sending this to a friend for encouragement in her weight loss journey which began before Thanksgiving. One small complaint though-- as a journalist, you have misused the word "noticeable"-- I believe that is an understatement. :) Julian's mom Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary. I was just telling Julian today that I really want to meet you the next time you come for a visit. I really do appreciate the compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so much to be proud of! I especially like the way the more you lose, the bigger your smile gets.

    Good luck in all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry, these pics and your progress are amazing. You are truly an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing. My biggest regret from losing weight is that I didn't take photos at all the whole time. And that fact that your journey continues makes it all the more gripping. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete