Friday, January 20, 2012

Weekly weigh-in: Done in by donuts?

Last week's weight: 179.2
This week's weight: 178.4
Difference: -0.8
Total weight lost since January 2010: 93.4

I'm content with this week's number, but I'm also left wondering if I could have done better. I splurged a bit on dinner out last Saturday and again Wednesday. Then, I had 10 Dunkin Donuts munchkins on Thursday. And I skipped exercising a couple of days this week. When I think about those choices, I can see why I didn't lose more weight this week.

I'm not beating myself up. I just wish I could resist temptation. I guess I should be happy because there were many more times this week that I wanted to eat terrible foods. (I've been craving pizza all week.) And I'm happy that I lost weight. My progress has improved so much in the past couple of months. For that, I'm thankful.

I just have to keep reminding myself that slow and steady wins the race. My goal is the create habits that will last me a lifetime. And it's unreasonable to think that I'll never eat a donut or drink wine. So it's a good thing that I'm learning to incorporate moderate amounts of foods I love into my routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment