Sunday, March 10, 2013

Weekly weigh-in: Feeling better

Last week's weight: 180.4
This week's weight: 180.4
Difference: 0
Total weight lost since Jan. 1, 2013: 1 pound

Friday's weigh-in was the first time in months that I didn't let the number on the scale bother me. In fact, I wouldn't have been totally surprised if I'd gained a little from the previous week. While I'm glad I didn't gain, what I'm really happy about this week is that I'm feeling better about myself.

Because I gained a few pounds, I've been in a funk. I'm so scared of regaining all of the weight I've lost. But as soon as I gained a little, I felt like I couldn't stop myself. It's only been three days, but I feel like I've turned a corner mentally.

One big sign is that this is the first weekend in a long time that I haven't spent most of it cooped up in the house in my pajamas. I also managed to go to the grocery store without buying anything bad for me. And even though I've eaten dinner out two nights in a row, I didn't go overboard either night.

The best part is that I can already feel the effects of eating healthier. When I avoid sugar, I always feel better and have more energy. Now I just need to keep it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment