Sunday, March 31, 2013

Couch to 5K: Week 1, Day 2

Conventional wisdom says I probably should have taken a day off after yesterday's first attempt at running. I did wake up today with a few more aches and pains than normal. But the weather is so nice today and I'm determined to complete the program three times a week as required. I was worried I might not get another chance to do it before Wednesday, so I headed back to the park today.

As expected, day two was harder. For one thing, it was 5 minutes longer than day one. I still struggled to complete a full minute of running each time, but I was able to do it a few times. I'm not sure this helps, but to compensate, I did run a little extra during the cool down phase. Plus, like yesterday, I walked a second lap after I finished the running part during the first lap.

And it's a good thing I'm exercising because I had a bit of a splurge today -- a dark chocolate-covered coconut cream egg. It's Easter! I couldn't help myself. Other than that, though, I've had 2 1/2 days of very healthy eating. The best part is that I've logged everything online. I met my daily points target perfectly on Friday and I was over by only two points yesterday, which is fine since my exercise yesterday actually gained me four points. I'll probably be over slightly today. My goal is not more than three points. But, again, my exercise gained me four points.

The bad news is that the scale is not cooperating. It's actually up since Friday's weigh-in. That's so disappointing since I've clearly taken steps to correct my overeating and I'm exercising again. All I can do, though, is stay the course and hope that I'll see the results this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment