Monday, November 7, 2011

Negative self-image

I've been in a good place for a little more than two weeks now. After months and months of being an emotional wreck on the inside, I felt like I finally had a breakthrough. Things have been going well ever since. My eating habits are improved and I've been doing a great job exercising (almost daily, in fact).

Nothing in particular happened today, but I've been feeling kinda down. It was one of those days where I looked in the mirror and I couldn't see the new me. Fairly often, I still see the same person I've always seen since I can remember.

I like the days when I look at my face and realize how much thinner I am. Sometimes, I even see the difference just looking at my wrists or fingers. I couldn't see any of those changes today. In fact, I actually felt like I weighed the 271.8 pounds I started out at.

If I knew what caused me to see myself this way, I think I could work on changing my perception. Instead, I just get depressed about it. In my mind, I know the changes have been dramatic. Sometimes, I even see a photo of myself and have to look twice because I don't even recognize myself. Other times, I see a photo and only see how much weight I still need to lose.

I've had two weeks filled with positive thinking and hope. I don't want to lose that progress. And, luckily, I do seem to have my eating under control again. I'm splurging here and there, but not binging. I guess I just wish I had more confidence in myself. And, after a year of heartache and heartbreak, I wish something good would happen soon so that I could end the year on a positive note.

No comments:

Post a Comment