Friday, November 25, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: A number I can live with

Last week's weight: 183.2
This week's weight: 183.4
Difference: +0.2
Total weight lost since January 2010: 88.4

I was tempted to skip this week's weigh-in. The scale had not been cooperating all week. I was, as my grandmother would say, "weighing heavy." I stuck to my Weight Watchers points, but I didn't exercise as much this week and my food choices weren't as smart as they could have been (lots of sodium). Plus, I just knew that weighing in the morning after Thanksgiving wasn't going to go well.

So I was surprised to see the result. I'll admit that I did weigh three times and used the lowest number. But still ... a slight gain in a week that included Thanksgiving is perfectly acceptable in my mind. I'm going to consider this week a wash and keep plugging along. Luckily, I made lots of healthy, lowfat foods for Thanksgiving so the leftovers shouldn't be a problem. And, after four days without exercise, I know getting on my exercise bike tomorrow won't be easy. But I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment