Saturday, August 25, 2012

Recipe: S'mores bites


Those who know me, know I love s'mores. You also know I never even tried one until Jan. 1, 2011. Naturally, though, they aren't that good for me. They'd be fine if I ate just one. Haha. So today I made the next best thing. I've seen photos all over Pinterest of marshmallows dipped in chocolate and then graham cracker crumbs and a friend once brought chocolate fondue, marshmallows and graham cracker crumbs to a party. So I didn't exactly come up with this idea on my own. But I did have to make my own recipe. And these are low-calorie ... if I don't cave and eat the entire tray at one time.


Ingredients
1 bag marshmallows (40 total)
1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips (You can use dark chocolate, white chocolate, butterscotch or peanut butter if you prefer.)
2 tbsp. fat-free half and half
3 tbsp. graham cracker crumbs (I already had the kind that come pre-ground in a box, but you could grind up regular graham crackers.)

Heat chocolate chips in microwave for 30 seconds. Add half and half and stir. Continue to heat for 15 seconds and then stir. Repeat until mixture is smooth and creamy. Pour graham cracker crumbs in a separate bowl. Dip one marshmallow at a time in chocolate and then crumbs. Place on a cookie sheet (I lined mine with non-stick aluminum foil just to be safe.) You can serve immediately or refrigerate. Makes 10 servings (4 marshmallows per serving).

No comments:

Post a Comment