Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Day 5: I slipped!

The day started off on the wrong foot. I was feeling rushed before work and I just couldn't ever get a handle on the day. I had a healthy breakfast and lunch, but by dinner time, I couldn't keep it up, I had a couple of drinks after work and then a turkey wrap and a few fries for dinner.

You're probably thinking that I didn't do so bad. You're right. But I didn't do so well either. I should have stopped at one glass of wine and I should have skipped the fries and eaten less of the wrap. I'm not beating myself up. I'm simply acknowledging that I didn't make the best choices today.

All in all, today was a good day. I often feel like I make poor choices when something bad happens. On good days, I need to make good choices.

That said, it was a good day. I had a great, spontaneous dinner out with my boyfriend. We talked about a million different topics and laughed a lot. We were silly and ridiculous. I'm so lucky to have someone who supports me and who's willing to change our plans on the spur of the moment because I decide I want to go out to dinner instead of eating at home.

So it was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment