Friday, August 19, 2016

Weigh-in: Week 3

I made a little progress this week. I'm now down 2.6 pounds total. That's still shy of my goal of averaging a pound a week. But a loss is a loss and I'll take it.

I didn't have a good week when it comes to making smart choices. I ate a lot foods I shouldn't have and I didn't track my points a single day. I know that tracking is the No. 1 tool for success. Why can't I do it? Probably because I'm eating the wrong foods and I know the tracking won't look good. I was tempted by giant muffins, pizza, wine and cake this week and I gave in easily.

In hopes of jumpstarting my efforts for this coming week, my boyfriend and I started a 24-hour fast after dinner yesterday. Luckily, I'm working from home today so I'll be able to better handle any lightheadedness or fatigue. I'm allowing myself a little coffee this morning because I don't think giving up caffeine on the same day I don't eat would be a good idea. Beyond that, I'll be drinking lots of lemon water and green tea. I've not done this before, but I can see the benefits of flushing out the toxins and trying to reset my system.

We're planning a light dinner tonight and then tomorrow I'll be back to planning meals in advance. And tracking!!!!! My boyfriend and I are going to Charlotte for two days at the beginning of September. I'm really hoping to stay on track until then. That way I won't feel bad about splurging during our trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment