Monday, April 4, 2011

Craving carbs, sugar

I've written before about how I know I need to try to eliminate sugar from my diet. I'm realistic. I know I'll always eat some sweets, but it does seem that regularly eating sugar just makes me want it more. And the same is true about carbs. This weekend has been nothing but carbs and sugar. It started with chocolate and peanut butter brownies but then included pasta, bread, a cherry slushy, potatoes and chocolate Easter candy. Every time I ate something, I knew I was making the wrong choice. I simply couldn't stop myself. Even today, I couldn't control my craving. I was determined, once again, to start fresh. I did well for much of the day, but the miniature candy bars sucked me right in. Then, after work, I was craving macaroni and cheese. At the grocery store, I think I looked at just about kind they make. The good news, if there is any, is that I didn't overeat. For example, tonight, I ended up buying a single serve portion of instant mac and cheese. So I can only hope I didn't do too much damage.

No comments:

Post a Comment