Friday, April 29, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: I am not the biggest loser

Last week's weight: 191
This week's weight: 189.2
Difference: -1.8
Total weight lost: 82.6

Today marked the final weigh-in for our Biggest Loser Challenge at work. When we started in January, I weighed in at 193.8 pounds. The final results haven't come out yet for everyone, but I don't need those to tell me that I am not the biggest loser.Given my habits over the past few months, I'm glad I lost weight. But I am disappointed. We did the challenge twice last year and the results were much better. I came in fourth the first time (losing almost 25 pounds) and I won the second time.

Enough with the whining, though. The good news is that I've had three consecutive weeks where I've exercised more and eaten much better. And I'm losing weight again. It's still a constant struggle, but every day is getting easier. I feel my thought process changing again. I think about everything I eat and drink. Several times already this week I've overcome temptation, which makes feel like I can be successful again.

Plus, this week's weight loss keeps me on track to reach my goal of 181.8 pounds by July 1. This next week is going to be a challenge, though, with a party tonight, my birthday on Wednesday and a trip home to visit my family on Thursday. I see it as a test. If I can resist temptation during this next week, I feel like I will finally be back to where I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment