Sunday, May 1, 2011

Happy birthday to me

I'll be celebrating my 38th birthday on Wednesday, so naturally that got me thinking about the past year. I spent my birthday last year at work because it was election night. At the time, I'd lost just 30 pounds. Now I'm up to almost 83 pounds lost. Wow. That's an amazing feeling.

And I'm so happy that my renewed commitment to losing weight seems to be taking hold. Three weeks and counting. I've been making much better food choices and walking. Two laps around The Loop at Wrightsville Beach yesterday and today. The second laps is a struggle, but I'm always proud when I do it.

The effort I've been putting in lately has me feeling pretty good -- better than I have in quite some time. So I've decided to celebrate my birthday "week" by doing something that makes me happy every day.

I'm starting today with cooking. I'm making myself brunch -- cheese omelet, sweet potato pancake (frozen, but yummy) and fresh fruit. Then, I'm making two new dishes so I'll have something healthy but tasty for lunch and dinner all week. One is chicken breast stuffed with proscuitto and cheese and the other is chicken, rice, carrots, celery and mushrooms in the crockpot. The hardest part will be deciding which one to eat for dinner tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment