Sunday, August 28, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: Hit by a hurricane

Last week's weight: 186.6
This week's weight: 184.8
Difference: 1.8
Total weight lost since January 2010: 87

Obviously, I'm a little late posting this week's update. Sorry about that, but with a hurricane approaching, I simply didn't have time. The good news is that I lost weight for the second week in a row. The bad news is that I wasn't very diligent about my eating habits for 48 hours after Friday morning's weigh-in.

What can I say? I spent 24 hours at the office during Hurricane Irene and I ate whatever I wanted. That included pizza, cheese, cookies, peanut butter, McDonald's, hot chocolate, Coke ... and probably a few things I can't even remember.

By the time Saturday afternoon rolled around, I could barely function because of exhaustion and I felt sick from so much junk food. I'm trying to return to normal today, but I did slip and eat two cookies at the office earlier today. Otherwise, though, I've done OK.

The scale reported this morning that those two days cost me four pounds. I'm hoping I didn't really gain that much in two days, but it is possible given what I ate. All I can do now is look forward and try to do well for the rest of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment