Friday, August 5, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: Stuck

Last week's weight: 185.8
This week's weight: 185.8
Difference: 0
Total weight lost since January 2010: 86

I'm disappointed with this week's result. When I first weighed this morning, I was actually pretty grumpy about it. All I could think was "why am I even bothering to try." I kept thinking about everything I want to eat but never do anymore. Then, I thought maybe I should take a break for a week. Just eat whatever I want.

But I knew that wasn't the right approach. For so many months, I've been stuck right around 85 pounds lost. I truly felt like last week's success had me headed in the right direction. I don't expect to see huge losses each week. But I did expect to lose weight this week. I stayed within my daily Weight Watchers points allotment almost every day. And even on the days I went over, I didn't go over my extra points allotment for the week. I walked/jogged four of the seven days.

I should have lost at least a little something. So I'm frustrated today. And to top it off, it's been an up and down week at work as well. I've had to put in a lot of extra hours (partly because I was home sick Monday with a migraine, which put me behind) and I haven't been sleeping well. Oh, and the eye twitching just won't seem to go away. It gets better for a day or two, but then it's back.

The good news is that I did not get a bagel with sausage, egg and cheese at Dunkin Donuts this morning. That's what I used to eat almost daily before I started this journey. I haven't had one since. In some ways, I use that as my measuring stick. If I get so far off track that I'm ordering that for breakfast, I may never reach my goal. Today, I'm sticking with my fat-free yogurt I brought from home.

That's a good sign. I know the right thing to do now is stay the course. One more week of exercising regularly and healthy eating and I will lose weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment