Saturday, January 12, 2013

Weekly weigh-in: Off to a good start

Last week's weight: 178.4
This week's weight: 175.8
Difference: -2.6
Total weight lost since Jan. 1, 2013: 5.6 pounds

The new year seems to be off to a good start. I'm steadily losing the 10 pounds I gained over the holidays, and I've made it through 11 days without any major binge eating attacks. I've splurged a little here and there, but even my indulgences have been in moderation. That's the good news.

The bad news is that I did not achieve my weekly goal, which was the track everything I ate and drank for one whole week. Just as a reminder, my weight-loss week runs from Friday to Thursday. I did well until Wednesday night when I had a function to attend for work. I didn't overeat at the event, but I failed to track anything I ate. So, on Thursday, I didn't bother to track either. Yesterday, I new week started and I didn't track anything that day either. I am going to try to enter yesterday's food and drinks into the Weight Watchers system, but I'll probably end up estimating a lot of what I ate because I wasn't very diligent about portion size. My point is that I'll try again this week to resume tracking.

What I'm most surprised about this week is that I didn't let stress derail my healthy eating habits. I had to make some really tough decisions at work this week and the stress of it all literally caused me to lose a lot of sleep. Often when I don't sleep well, my brain seems to get tired and I don't always make the best food choices. Luckily, I planned my meals and snacks well this past week and with just one exception, I grabbed healthy snacks when the urge to "stress eat" hit.

So it was a good week and I'm happy about that. Now I just have to think about how to maintain my progress for another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment