Saturday, January 19, 2013

Weekly weigh-in: This is bad!

Last week's weight: 175.8
This week's weight: 179.6
Difference: +3.8
Total weight lost since Jan. 1, 2013: 1.8 pounds

I was so excited last week. I worked hard during the first 10 days of the new year to shed the weight I'd gained over the holidays. Then, somehow, it's like I completely forgot everything I've learned in the past three years. This week was bad ... very bad.

I can't point to any one thing that caused me to gain nearly 4 pounds in one week. Instead, it was lots of little moments -- the day I left work in the middle of the day to buy a bag of pretzels and a bag of foil-wrapped chocolate hearts and the day I went to the grocery store and bought Chinese for lunch and the two days in a row that I ate a mound of pasta for dinner. Had I done just one of these things, I would not have gained weight. Combined, these moments and a few others spelled disaster.

By the end of the week, I was really mad at myself. And frustrated and disappointed. And the worst part is that the size 12s are starting to feel a little snug. That's unacceptable. I've said all along that I could be OK with being a size 12 for the rest of my life. The thought of having to unpack the 14s and 16s makes me panic.

After I weighed in yesterday morning, I told myself that this next week will be different. Of course, I tell myself that all the time. Yesterday went OK. I ate exactly the number of Weight Watchers points I'm allowed. So far, today is under control as well. But it's a struggle. I feel like I've spent every minute of the day thinking about what I'm going to eat and what I'm not going to eat. It's exhausting.

No comments:

Post a Comment