Sunday, October 2, 2011

Can't stop cravings

I so wanted this to be a good day. I walked the Loop at Wrightsville Beach this morning and my eating stayed on track until ... about 3 o'clock. Boredom set in and I found myself snacking on rice cakes, cheese, turkey slices, pickles, popcorn and finally I pigged out on chocolate-covered almonds.

Of course, then I started feeling really guilty. So I did 20 minutes of cardio. I know that's not enough to make up for the snacks. But at least I did something.

The real problem is that all afternoon I felt like I was craving all sorts of "bad" foods. I considered ordering pizza. Then I thought about going out for tacos. Ice cream and brownies also crossed my mind. At one point, I found myself staring in the cabinet, thinking about making pasta.

I guess the good news is that the almonds were the only really bad thing I ate. I could have done so much worse.What I really want is to figure out how to not want those bad foods. Obviously, limiting what and how much I eat makes me lose weight. So how can I stop myself from eating too much and from wanting high-fat, high-carb foods?

No comments:

Post a Comment