Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: Trying to stay positive

Last week's weight: 189.8
This week's weight: 189.2
Difference: -0.6
Total weight lost since January 2010: 82.6

I knew it was going to be a tough week because I was headed out of town for a few days. I made some bad choices, but I also made some good ones. So I'm going to focus on the positive. I did the Jillian Michaels cardio workout three days in a row early in the week. I didn't get a lot of exercise after that, but I did a little walking each day. On the food front, it was a mixed bag. The bright side: I could have made much worse choices.

What I'm most proud of from the past week, though, is that it was emotionally difficult. Yet I didn't deal with those emotions, for the most part, by stuffing my face. Yes, I splurged a little, but I really didn't go overboard. I've thought a lot about my success from last year. And it comes down to being able to deal with my emotional eating. I'm not there yet, but I'm getting better. There's nothing wrong with splurging as long as those splurges are tied to special events ... not a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment