Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I need a vacation

I've been on track for four days now. I don't want to get too excited about it, but I am proud of the progress I've made this week.

Moving the exercise bike back into the house is working out well. I rode it 30 minutes Sunday, 30 minutes Monday morning, 30 minutes Monday evening and 30 minutes Tuesday morning. Then, I walked for 40 minutes Tuesday evening. The physical activity is making me feel good and helping me manage stress this week.

Plus, I'm keeping track of my Weight Watchers points again. I even counted all of the terrible food I ate last Friday. Thanks to my activity points, I'm still a few points ahead of the game for the week. If I can keep it up for two more days, I should at least see a little progress on the scale come Friday morning.

As I was walking tonight, though, all I could think about was how much I want to just get away from everything. I'm kinda poor right now, but I was thinking about dipping into my "vacation fund," which really is more of an emergency/Christmas shopping fund. I know that sounds strange. But I have this jar where I try to stash a little cash throughout the year. Sometimes, it's a few dollars; sometimes, it's $100. I usually end up spending the money on Christmas presents. I've spent a little recently, but there's enough in there that I could take a long weekend somewhere (and still go Christmas shopping).

Where should I go? The mountains? Charleston? Hilton Head? Somewhere else? And I worry that I'll be bored once I get there. I'm not very good at entertaining myself. And I don't want a trip to be about food. That's my one requirement. I might splurge a little, but then I will need to do some sort of activity to burn off the calories

I mostly feel like I want to clear my head. Something peaceful and uncomplicated. Oh, and I do have vacation days coming up in a couple of weeks, so this is absolutely doable. Suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment