Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Turning the corner?

Every day I set out to eat the right foods and regain my resolve. And every day I slip at some point. I was fighting hard today. Then Bojangles delivered free biscuits to the newsroom this afternoon. I ate two!

The good news, however, is that I came home and walked three miles. I had similar experiences over the weekend. I made poor food choices, but I exercised to make up for it.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'm necessarily doing enough exercise to burn the extra calories. So I know that over time, the poor food choices will catch up with me. Still, for now, I at least feel like I'm maintaining and I'm not giving up.

I've also decided to make October a reward month. As you know, I love to shop and I love music. For every pound I lose this month, I'm going to put away $20 to spend on whatever I want. The goal will be to spend it something I truly consider a reward. To make sure I stick with the exercise, I'm also going to allow myself to buy one new song on iTunes for every mile I walk.

I'm hoping these rewards will motivate me and will help me stay focused on my goal. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment