Saturday, October 29, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: Doing the right thing

Last week's weight: 190
This week's weight: 187.8
Difference: -2.2
Total weight lost since January 2010: 84

A week ago, I sat here regretting the massive binge eating attack from the day before. But I also was resolved to do better. I logged everything I ate last Friday (including the many slices of pizza and many desserts from the bake sale) and decided my goal for the week was to track everything (food and exercise) using the Weight Watchers online system.

Keeping track was clearly the right thing to do because I made sure that when I ate more, I exercised more. I did use all of my "extra" weekly points and most of my activity points, but it does go to show that the system works. I had wine a couple of times, a small piece of cake one day and a decadent cupcake Thursday night. But, again, I made sure I exercised enough to make up for those splurges.

A bonus to all of this week's exercising is that I feel great. I'm starting to feel like I did a year ago. And handling stress seemed so much easier this past week. The key to success now will be sticking with it again. But I feel like I can do it. And it seems so simple: If I want to eat/drink more, all I have to do is exercise more.

1 comment: