Friday, October 14, 2011

Weekly weigh-in: A bit of a boost

Last week's weight: 189.2
This week's weight: 188
Difference: -1.2
Total weight lost since January 2010: 83.8

Today's weigh-in went well ... perhaps better than I expected. I didn't exercise as much as I had hoped this week and may eating habits still aren't where they need to be. But I did eat better than I did the previous week and there were a few times where I consciously made the right choice. For example, I had a really long day at work yesterday (and it had already included eating blueberry pie). When I got home, I had the Chinese menu in one hand and my cell phone in the other. I was so close to ordering delivery. But I weighed my choice and heated up leftover soup. I was so proud of myself in that moment. Sure, I've had moments where I made the wrong choice, but at least I'm seeing the right choices again. That's progress. I'm feeling a bit of momentum this week. In fact, I'm up early on my day off to walk with a co-worker. Then I'm also participating the Cape Fear Heart Walk on Saturday morning. The fact that this sort of thing has become part of my regular life is progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment