Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Getting back out there

For those who don't know, I met my ex-boyfriend through match.com. When we met, it was the second time I was trying online dating.

The first time (about three years ago) was a disaster. I had lost a lot of weight and thought I was ready to start dating. I met a few people for a first date and never had a second date with anyone. A little less than a year ago, I decided to give it another try. (BTW, I did date someone in between those two times, but I didn't meet him online.)

The second round went much better. The first person I met for coffee turned out to be a dud, but the second seemed nice enough. I even met him for a second time. I don't think I can call it a date because we went for a walk at the park. I thought he had potential, but then he never asked me on a real date. (I probably would have said yes.) Then the third guy came along and I was charmed right away during our first meeting. We ended up being together for almost five months. We broke up a little more than a week ago.

I think it's probably too soon to date anyone new (because I definitely still have hurt feelings), but I'm getting the process rolling. After the breakup, I signed back up for match.com immediately. But that was really out of spite, not because I was interested in dating anyone else. Today, I decided it was time to take it more seriously. I've updated my profile (and I still sound like a loser) and actually begun my search for someone I might want to ask on a date. (Funny thing, two people I know through my job are using match.com as well. It was pretty awkward seeing their photos pop up on my screen.)

I don't know if I'm ready to date anyone new, but, based on my previous experiences, it takes time to find someone I'd even consider meeting for coffee. Plus, you never know. Some people say the third time's the charm.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment