Friday, October 4, 2013

Weekly weigh-in: Disappointed and depressed

Last week's weight: 183.6
This week's weight: 184.2
Difference: +0.6
Total weight lost since January 2010: 87.6

I'm disappointed in this week's result because I felt like I had my eating under control and I exercised for at least 30 minutes six out of seven days. I admit that I had a few splurges last weekend and I may have gone over my daily points a couple of times during the week, but none of those times involved out of control eating. So I felt good about my progress, especially since there have been times in the past two weeks that I've wanted to eat an entire pizza or a whole bag of chips or an entire container of ice cream. Needless to say, it's frustrating.

As for the depression, I don't want to be melodramatic about it. I'm not in some major depression that prohibits me from having fun and living a productive life. But I'm still sad about breaking up with my boyfriend. I miss having him in my life. And sometimes I just get a little depressed when I think about the fact that I'll probably never see or talk to him again. I think it's only natural for me to feel a little blue about it.

The only good news is that today is the start of a new week in my weight-loss world, which means I have a clean slate and I get another chance at success. So far, so good today. Healthy eating all day and I walked 45 minutes after work. All I can do it try to focus on the positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment