Saturday, October 12, 2013

Weekly weigh-in: Old habits die hard

Last week's weight: 184.2
This week's weight: 184.6
Difference: +0.4
Total weight lost since January 2010: 87.2

I'm actually a little surprised I didn't gain more. If you knew just how many mini candy bars I ate this week, you'd understand. Oh, and let's not forget the night I made a giant bowl of fluffy noodles covered in butter and parmesan cheese. Thanks to the dreary, rainy weather, I also exercised only twice all week.

As usual, I've spent far too much time trying to analyze why I had such a hard time making smart food choices this week. And the answer is simple: Despite coming up on my four-year anniversary since I began Weight Watchers, I'm still an emotional eater.

I've learned to control it most of the time, which is how I've lost 87 pounds, but I've noticed that it's been harder and harder lately, which is why I've regained 13 pounds in the past year and a half. I let my guard down for one second, and the next thing I know, I'm eating half a bag of chips in one sitting.

I guess it's good that I at least recognize what I'm doing now. For most of my life, I stuffed my face pretty much all day every day and didn't realize I was eating rather than dealing with my emotions. 

Still, I'm disappointed that after all this time, making the right choice doesn't come more easily. Even after seeing that I gained for the second week in a row, I overate yesterday and I'm headed that way today. So, I know this isn't the right approach, but I'm giving up on today. Of course, I don't plan to eat everything in my house, but I'm simply not going to worry about what I eat or drink for the rest of the day (especially since I have dinner plans with a friend).

I'll start over tomorrow. Maybe I will be more successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment