Thursday, July 22, 2010

Look how far I've come

I'm taking a lot of steps lately to change the way I look at life. It's not always easy. I'm thrilled to be losing weight, but it does come with mental hurdles. But I'm overcoming them almost daily. So here's to another step in the process.

I'm including three photos of me. The first was taken before I started my weight-loss journey. The second was taken after I'd lost 25 pounds. The third was taken this week at just over 50 pounds lost. I'm so glad I finally compared the photos. It really does help with my self image ... well, sort of. I hate seeing the before photo and I feel embarrassed to include it. So this is a big step and I can't wait to see the photo after I lose 25 more pounds.


2 comments:

  1. HOLY CRAP! YOU LOOK AWESOME! WoW! And that color look so good on you! Your eyes look bigger and bluer! Gorgeous.

    And about the old photos, let me say this: When I started on Facebook, I was embarrassed when friends put photos of me on Facebook that were from when I was at my heaviest. I wondered if I should de-tag them. But I didn't. You know why? Because that was me. And while I hated how I looked, I do love that girl. She had her struggles but she was a good person. And I'm not going to deny her a presence in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherry, I agree with Diana. Show the world how far you have come in your journey. You are gorgeous and so inspirational to us.

    ReplyDelete